Our client has a permanent vacancy based in their manufacturing facility in South Cumbria.
The CNC Machinist will manufacture Jigs and production parts in adherence to specification in line with company processes and quality standards and response to customer demand.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manufacture Production components.
• Maintain a safe working environment ensuring that all company and regulatory standards are achieved at all times
• Contribute to continuous improvement through the identification, reporting and resolution of Non-Conformance to products and materials
• Carry out manual/CNC machining – turning, milling and surface grinding
• Perform sub assembly and bench fitting of precision tools
• Read and interpret engineering drawings
• Make fixtures and other work-holding devices and tools as appropriate
Has completed a formal apprenticeship in a Toolmaking or Fitter/Turner
discipline or has experience in a similar role.
Knowledge of CNC Machining Required / 5th axis an advantage
ONC – HNC in mechanical engineering.
Time served with experience working in an engineering environment.
To be competent in the use of engineering machinery such as: – Milling
machines, Lathes, Drilling machines, CNC machines and Surface grinders.
Capable of programming CNC machines.
The knowledge of the following would also be an advantage: –
Use of Cad/Cam systems (Alphacam) (Delcam)
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated, conscientious, team orientated
individual with strong communication skills.
Engineering Production environment operating manual/CNC machines and
working on bench-based activities.